What do an outdoor concert, a large children’s birthday party, a food & wine festival, the Boston Marathon, and a company holiday party all have in common (hint: a small yard dumpster helps)? They are all major events where large numbers of people gather to have fun…and create a lot of trash.
The good news is that your site cleanup can be made a lot simpler with dumpster rentals. Having one (or more) on site creates a central place for rubbish and refuse collection, and helps ensure trash isn’t strewn about your location.
So, how do you know the right size dumpster to rent? And what other items will you need to consider when renting?
Read on to find out!
The Small Yard Dumpster: What It Can Hold
Most intimate events can be corralled by using a small yard trash container. Here are a few of the most common:
- Family reunions
- Graduation parties
- Birthday parties
- Backyard campout
- Summer pool block party
- And more…
But how much trash does that actually hold? Well, when it comes to sizing, dumpsters are measured in cubic yards. So a six-yard dumpster has approximate dimensions of six feet high, by six feet wide, by six feet long. That equates to nearly three carloads full of trash (just under half of the yardage measurement).
Wondering what six carloads actually looks like? Well, four twin mattresses will almost completely fill it, and you can house between three and six tons of trash – depending on the materials.
Other Items to Consider for Your Next Dumpster Rental
Here are a few tips from the pros to help you make an informed decision during your next special event:
- Most rental companies do not allow over-filling; your trash must be level with the top of the container (and no higher) to avoid incurring a penalty.
- Understand any debris types or limitations. While usually not a problem for events, you may not be able to mix bricks and wood with concrete or other trash. You also are prohibited from disposing of hazardous waste, such as paint, toxic chemicals, solvents, and other liquids.
- Make sure you’ve checked with your local City Hall to determine whether or not you need a special permit for your dumpster.
Still Not Sure Whether Your Small Yard Rental Will Be Enough?
The best thing to do at this point is to call in a local waste management professional. They’ll ask you a series of questions to determine your event’s needs, including questions like:
- What is the purpose of the event?
- Will there be any setup, tear down, or other aspects which would increase the amount of trash you’re generating?
- How many people will be attending?
- How long is the event running?
- When would you like your dumpster delivered?
- When would you like it hauled away?
- Do you need assistance with clean up afterward?
Once they get a clear picture of the event itself, they’ll be able to make a recommendation and give you a proper quote.
Need a Dumpster Rental for Your Next Event?
Call (678) 807-9328 to get pricing on a yard dumpster rental for your next special event.